The Red Bull
The only reference we have to the Red Bulls existence is that from the 1834 inclosures act. It refers to the “Red Bull Public House and Garden” being plot No. 25 which is situated on Sheep’s Green (now Longstaton Road), the owner was Jonathan Norman.
Plot No. 25 is now where Housden Cottage, No. 53, Longstanton Road is, although the boundaries have changed over the years. The cottage was originally two small ‘one up one down’ cottages, but whether they date back to 1834 or the Red Bull was an earlier building on the same plot is unknown.